Report an Improper Disclosure

As per our Parent Bill of Rights...

Parents have the right to inspect and review the complete contents of their child's education record. Parents have the right to file complaints about possible breaches of student data. In addition, parents may submit a complaint regarding a potential breach by the District to Cecelia Bonner, DPO/Ana Ritter, Director of Instructional Technology and Library Media Services, 933 Goodrich Street, Uniondale, New York 11553. The School District shall promptly acknowledge any complaints received and commence an investigation into the complaint, while taking the necessary precautions to protect personally identifiable information. The School District shall provide a response detailing its findings from the investigation no more than sixty (60) days after receipt of the complaint. Complaints pertaining to the State Education Department or one of its third party vendors should be directed in writing to the Chief Privacy Officer, New York State Education Department, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12234, or email to, or by telephone at 518-474-0937.

NYSED Data Privacy and Security


Please do NOT include any information in this form that would constitute student personally identifiable information (PII). ** SED will contact you if additional information is needed.

By filing this form, you are filing a complaint with the Chief Privacy Officer alleging that PII has been disclosed to or accessed by an unauthorized person. If you are an educational agency seeking to report a breach or unauthorized disclosure of PII, do not complete this form. Please complete the Data Incident Reporting Form instead.

Please complete the form thoroughly, including sufficient detail that will allow the complaint to be investigated.


Q: Who may file a complaint?
A complaint may be made by a parent or parents of a student, eligible student (a student who is at least 18 years of age or attending a postsecondary institution at any age), principals, teachers, and employees of an educational agency.

Q: May a complaint be filed anonymously?
An anonymous complaint will be accepted and investigated if it contains enough information regarding the nature of the complaint and the parties involved. It is preferred that the complaint identify the person making the complaint (complainant). Please note that it may be impossible to properly investigate or respond to an anonymous complaint if the original complaint does not provide enough information and does not provide an individual contact who can supplement or clarify the information submitted.